We accept Medicare, workers’ compensation and most private insurance plans. Please call us for more detail regarding insurance coverage and fees. Our staff will verify and explain your benefits before treatment.

Healthcare Responsibility & You: What You Need to Know

At Hampstead Physical Therapy, we understand more than most the ins and outs of healthcare and insurance. We know firsthand the frustration, confusion and paperwork that go along with treating and acting as patients in today’s modern healthcare world. We wanted to help our patients have a basic healthcare understanding of both treatment and insurance to help them moving forward. Here are a few things that you need to know.

Healthcare Responsibility & You: What You Need to Know

The Vernacular

Sometimes working with insurance can feel like learning a new language! There are terms like co-pay, deductible, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket that you need to learn and understand.

  • Co-pay: Your co-pay is usually a small amount of money you pay for services. Depending on your plan, this may be done after your deductible is met or regardless of your deductible.
  • Deductible: A deductible is a set amount you need to pay before your insurance will “kick in.” If your deductible is $500, for example, you will need to accrue and pay for $500 worth of care before your insurance will start covering your services, often with a co-payment.
  • Coinsurance: Coinsurance is a percentage payment instead of a dollar payment agreement with your insurance company. Many insurance companies will pay for 80% while you pay the other 20% plus your co-payment after you’ve met your deductible.
  • Out-of-pocket: This refers to the payment that the insured party (that’s you) is responsible for. Some insurance companies will have an out-of-pocket limit, meaning after you pay a certain amount, they will cover the remainder of your expenses.

Treatment Options

Before getting treatment, it can be beneficial to contact your insurance providers when necessary since you may incur fees for seeing a doctor, clinic or hospital that is not within their network of contracted providers. You may also need pre-authorization for some types of treatment.


Insurance costs can be expensive but are necessary for most people to prevent serious financial hardship or even bankruptcy if there are extensive medical costs. There are ways that you can offset insurance costs such as a Health Savings Accounts and more that are worth looking into.

At Hampstead Physical Therapy, we are eager to help treat your healthcare needs so you can get back to feeling and functioning your best. Please contact us today to learn more about our services.

We are happy to file the following IN NETWORK insurance claims for you.

Workers Compensation
Most Medicare Advantage Plans
Empire of New York

We are OUT OF NETWORK with:
Humana Commercial
Humana Medicare ** Benefits for in and out of network are the same per Humana Medicare as of Jan 1, 2021. Changes will be in effect as of January 1st 2021.
United Community Plan
NC Medicaid